About Frontier Tiles
European Elegance Asian Craftsmanship North American Standards
Frontier Tiles are designed in the spirit of old Europe. Your project might be in rural Ontario or in a New York neighborhood, but with a Frontier Tiles roof it will project a clear image of a French château, an English mansion, or a Swiss chalet the choice is yours. Your roof will have a hard-to-achieve “aged” look from the very first day. Frontier Tiles are not limited to residential use and are perfectly suited for colleges, universities, religious structures, medical facilities, etc.
These days traditional “European” roof tiles are not only made in Europe. Due to cost considerations and new labor legislation, most French and British manufacturers switched from hand crafting to robotic production lines, which resulted in... well, run-of-the-mill tiles. This is why we manufacture our tiles in China, where the tradition of clay craftsmanship goes back more than 3000 years. Each Frontier Tile is hand-finished, which gives it a truly unique look. And when we say “hand-finished”, we mean exactly that. After a pad of clay has been extruded, the surface texture, the butt (lower) edge finish, and the coloration are applied by hand.
Frontier Tiles have the European look but they are engineered for North America. Frontier Tiles are built to be installed the North American way by nailing directly to the plywood, without battens. Finally, Frontier Tiles adhere to the highest North American standard: ASTM C1167 Grade 1.
Clay Roof Tiles: the Best Value for Your Money
Since the 1960's, the world has been turning to synthetics at an amazing rate: clothes, tools, building materials, even food... This is why today people of taste and wisdom value natural products and materials more than ever. In the domain of roofing, the ultimate natural product is a clay tile. It is made of only two substances clay and water, which human skill turns into an object of art. Tile roofs have been around for centuries and, so far, no artificial substitute comes close to clay tile in terms of durability, aesthetic appearance, versatility, and friendliness to the environment. In fact, clay tile roofs are the only ones that look better with age. They don't come cheap, but they give you the absolute best value for your money.
- Frontier Tiles has set the new benchmark for quality. Every tile produced is hand-finished and inspected. We take the caliber of our product very seriously. It is our #1 priority to make the highest quality roofing product in the world. Frontier Tiles are Grade 1 as defined by ASTM C1167, making them suitable for ANY climate. The life expectancy of Frontier Tiles is over 100 years.
- Make a statement with your home. Unleash your creativity and design a distinctively beautiful roof. Frontier Tiles are available with a wide array of textures and colors. Our tiles fit the full range of architectural styles.
- Frontier Tiles are one of the most environmentally friendly roofing products available, consisting of clay and water. The aesthetic of a Frontier Tiles roof is as important to us as our tiles being good for the environment.
- Frontier Tiles is willing and able to produce your custom design. Take advantage of our unique capabilities.
- Frontier Tiles is proud to offer our 75 year non prorated warranty at no additional charge.
Safe and Durable
- Frontier Tiles are non-combustible and won't flake, spall, curl, fade, or effloresce.
Life Cycle Costing
- Not only are Frontier Tiles beautiful and unique, they have one of the lowest life cycle costs of any roofing product since the lifespan is over 100 years.
- Unlike other roofing products that require routine cleaning and repair, Frontier Tiles require no maintenance.
- We pride ourselves on excellent service. Phone calls are returned. Answers to questions are given. Updates are frequent. We promise to serve each client with the utmost professionalism. This is not a sales line.....this is just how we do business.